Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do not disturb won’t turn off

If I slide up control center tapping on the icon does nothing. If I go to settings do not disturb and toggle it off there soon as I enter again it’s on again. I’ve restarted twice and erased all settings. What can I do to get it turned off?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 8:56 AM

Hello buckmaster32,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you're unable to turn off Do Not Disturb on your iPhone.

Restarting was a great place to begin troubleshooting. If you've reset your settings as well, there are a few other things to consider.

Does this happen at certain times of the day, or is it constant?

Have you double-checked your Bedtime settings? There's a separate scheduled Do Not Disturb function there that I recommend double-checking: Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone.

I also recommend checking your software version to make sure you're running iOS 12.1.2 under Settings > General > About. Updating may help resolve unexpected behavior and, if needed, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope these steps help you.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 8:56 AM in response to buckmaster32

Hello buckmaster32,

Thank you for posting in the Apple Support Communities. I see you're unable to turn off Do Not Disturb on your iPhone.

Restarting was a great place to begin troubleshooting. If you've reset your settings as well, there are a few other things to consider.

Does this happen at certain times of the day, or is it constant?

Have you double-checked your Bedtime settings? There's a separate scheduled Do Not Disturb function there that I recommend double-checking: Use Bedtime to track your sleep on your iPhone.

I also recommend checking your software version to make sure you're running iOS 12.1.2 under Settings > General > About. Updating may help resolve unexpected behavior and, if needed, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

I hope these steps help you.

Take care.

Do not disturb won’t turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.