Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Issue

I have an iPhone 6+ With version 12 software. I have a recent problem where when making phone calls the other party can not hear me. Mute is not on and the volume is turned up.

This problem also occurs during playback of videos with audio content. No audio is heard. I also confirmed that I haven’t muted the audio and that the volume is turned up.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 12:58 PM

Hello 6_plus_sound,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that the other person cannot hear you while on phone calls on your iPhone 6 Plus. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to help with the audio issue during video playback that you're experiencing:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 12:58 PM in response to 6_plus_sound

Hello 6_plus_sound,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that the other person cannot hear you while on phone calls on your iPhone 6 Plus. I would be happy to help point you towards a resolution.

The following support article provides some troubleshooting steps to try for this behavior:

If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't working - Apple Support

Here are some additional troubleshooting steps to help with the audio issue during video playback that you're experiencing:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Take care!

Audio Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.