Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What are Siri Suggested websites and how differ to "top hits" in safari

Hi I just wanted to ask what exactly are " Siri Suggested" Websites in Safari and how do these differ to the safari "top hits" and "google suggestions". This is really bugging me thanks

thanks very much

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 2:26 PM

Cool thanks. thats a big help just 2 more questions. the Siri Suggested apps (Swipe left on home screen) am I correct to say these don't sync across devices so the iPad may show different Siri suggested apps in spotlight search than the phone does. is that correct

Second am I correct to say "Siri Suggested" websites are websites that Siri finds based on what you are typing in to save you time typing the whole website name.

Third- is it correct to say a "Siri Suggested" website will become a "top hit" site after a continuous number of visits to that site so initially it will be siri suggested but if I visit this website a number of times safari will show it as "top hit"

Thanks very much

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 2:26 PM in response to CarlAVII

Cool thanks. thats a big help just 2 more questions. the Siri Suggested apps (Swipe left on home screen) am I correct to say these don't sync across devices so the iPad may show different Siri suggested apps in spotlight search than the phone does. is that correct

Second am I correct to say "Siri Suggested" websites are websites that Siri finds based on what you are typing in to save you time typing the whole website name.

Third- is it correct to say a "Siri Suggested" website will become a "top hit" site after a continuous number of visits to that site so initially it will be siri suggested but if I visit this website a number of times safari will show it as "top hit"

Thanks very much

Jan 14, 2019 2:19 PM in response to MichealCollins

Hi MichealCollins,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I see you have a question about Siri Search Suggestions.

Siri Suggestions can come up when using most of the apps on your device, and the suggestions are geared toward actions you might take frequently, like visiting a particular website. You can learn more about this, including how to turn these suggestions off, here: Use Siri Shortcuts.

A "top hit" would be based on your bookmarks and browsing history from Safari. This is a Mac-related article but the same principle applies: Customize searching in Safari on Mac. Any Google Suggestions would be based on Google search algorithms.

I hope I've answered your question.

Take care.

What are Siri Suggested websites and how differ to "top hits" in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.