Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic mouse 2 and keyboard paired but still not working

Huge disappointment, as the mouse and keyboard are working in OSX, but under Windows there is no other keyboard or mouse on the market that would be such a hassle for setup as the Apple's.

Both devices are discovered by Windows, even paired but still not working on Bootcamp.

I have reinstalled the Bootcamp Drivers without help.

Macbook (2016 or later)

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 6:20 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Feb 28, 2019 2:23 AM in response to Loner T

After installing the magic mouse utilities from recommended site, the miracle happened it works!

Although the software itself is not working, since it cannot run on virtual machine. What!?

But here is the theory.

I used the VMWare Fusion initially, but since it screws up the Windows licensing you cannot use VMWare and Bootcamp at the same time. The Windows gets crazy :-(

So I dumped the VMWare (using it only for Linux) and started to use the Bootcamp instead. It is faster and

better anyway, but here is where the problem with mouse and keyboard started.

It seems that VMWare messed up the drivers, or installs its own, which have now been restored by magic utilities.

Interestingly, the drivers were not restored when I have re-installed them from Bootcamp Assistance.

I assume the magic utils did a rollback to older version or replaced them.

Feb 21, 2019 11:05 AM in response to Loner T

Resetting the SMC does not help. Same effect. Mouse paired but does not want to connect.

After reinstalling the AppleOnBoardBroadcomBluetooth driver, from Windows support files saved from Bootcamp asistant

the Mouse is shown as connected but does not work. Attempt to connect thru connect device failed.

What helps is to disable the BC Bluetooth radio driver and use a generic low cost USB BT-Dongle

connected to an USB-C hub. Although with impediment, that the scrolling function of the mouse does not work.

Magic mouse 2 and keyboard paired but still not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.