Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 failing to work in Windows 10 Boot Camp despite being connected

My Magic Mouse 2 fails to work at all in Windows 10 even though the Bluetooth settings in Windows 10 show it is connected. I've tried several things to get it fixed, none of them working for anymore than 1 or 2 restarts of Windows.

Things I've tried:

• Disconnecting my Magic Mouse in the Windows Bluetooth settings, usually does absolutely nothing
  • Turning my Magic Mouse off and on again, nothing
  • Removing my Magic Mouse from Device Manager, restarting, and trying to reinstall it
  • Disconnecting my Magic Mouse on macOS, removing it from Windows and reinstalling it, works very inconsistantly
  • Reinstall Boot Camp drivers including Bluetooth and the Magic Mouse drivers

This has been happening to me consistently and the problem still consists even after several Windows and macOS updates, and a full reinstall of Windows

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 11, 2020 3:00 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Feb 11, 2020 5:15 AM in response to Sharky5358

I think I might have found the solution to hopefully solve the problem for good. Instead of restarting my laptop from macOS to Windows, instead shutting down the computer, turning off the Magic Mouse, turning on the computer on, booting into Windows and turning the mouse on after a few seconds seems to work fine.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8441160

Feb 11, 2020 5:06 AM in response to Sharky5358

I think I might have figured something out. I upgraded the Bluetooth driver back to what it was which enabled Bluetooth again. I went and removed and repaired my Magic Mouse on the Windows side by first going onto macOS and removing it from it's Bluetooth, relaunching into Windows, removing it from it's Bluetooth and repairing it; it then worked even after a restart.

However, after I reconnected my mouse on the macOS side, it stopped working on the Windows side. It's seems to be that if my mouse is connected at all on the macOS side, it just fails to work on the Windows side

Magic Mouse 2 failing to work in Windows 10 Boot Camp despite being connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.