Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

changed password now apple tv will not log

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I changed my Apple account password and now my Apple TV will not allow me to log in. I enter my username and password, then the authentication password that comes to my phone and it just keeps sending me back to the page in Apple TV that has you enter your user name again. I logged into iTunes with the new password and even updated my credit card information to ensure everything is correct. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks!

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 8:51 AM

7 replies

Jan 13, 2019 12:45 PM in response to vazandrew

the Apple TV was operating fine. Then I changed my password in the apple account page of my iPhone. When I tried to log back in on the Apple TV using my new password, it would not allow me in. Even with entering the two step authentication number in promptly.

It justs keeps bringing me to the log in page and doesn’t accept the new password. I double checked the password and it is correct and I can log in to iTunes on my phone. But it will not allow me to get back into the Apple TV.

Jan 13, 2019 2:26 PM in response to Shelbyhasissues

Then that is an older model, the firmware would be the software running on the Apple TV but that model is no longer receiving updates so I don’t really need that info.

It is related to the issue I was describing above.

In order to use 2 factor authentication you need to enter the password and code together. If you attempt to enter both at once you will likely exceed the limit. So you will need to enter the password and then request the code.

As a last resort you can do a hard reboot (unplug unit and reconnect)

changed password now apple tv will not log

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.