Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV does NOT login to iTunes

I've entered my Apple ID in > iTunes Store as directed multiple times and I keep getting the same message that the password is incorrect. I've changed my Apple ID PW twice now on all my devices and STILL the Apple TV does not accept any password, why?

Thank you in advance for your support!

I'm using 3rd Gen Apple TV

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 5:28 AM

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2021 5:28 AM in response to eco-friendly

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

Apple TV does NOT login to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.