Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an older Apple TV and it keeps asking for my I tunes log in and password. I provide the correct one and it keeps asking. I couldn't even watch the Charley Brown Thanksgiving special.

My apple tv keeps asking for an Itunes id and password while trying to watch Apple TV.

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2021 7:02 AM

older Apple TV

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

I couldn't even watch the Charley Brown Thanksgiving special

Apple TV+ subscription content is supported on Apple TV (3rd generation or later, software version 7.3 or later). Unfortunately not on 2nd generation. You can watch Apple TV+ on other devices as well, though.

Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on tv.apple.com - Apple (Still 25 days to go until Thanksgiving)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2021 7:02 AM in response to Ksomers488

older Apple TV

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If you have an Apple TV (2nd or 3rd generation) and two-factor authentication for your Apple ID, then you may be asked to type your password followed by the six-digit verification code directly into the password field. Additionally, there is a time limit, after which the code becomes invalid.

Try this: First enter the characters of your password (do not submit yet), then manually request a new verification code, then append that code to the password (no spaces or other separating characters), and then submit. That should help you get passed the time limit.

I couldn't even watch the Charley Brown Thanksgiving special

Apple TV+ subscription content is supported on Apple TV (3rd generation or later, software version 7.3 or later). Unfortunately not on 2nd generation. You can watch Apple TV+ on other devices as well, though.

Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on tv.apple.com - Apple (Still 25 days to go until Thanksgiving)

I have an older Apple TV and it keeps asking for my I tunes log in and password. I provide the correct one and it keeps asking. I couldn't even watch the Charley Brown Thanksgiving special.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.