Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Drive keeps turning off

I switch on iCloud Drive on my iPhone SE, but it turns off by its own after couple of minutes. Cannot save docs to cloud this way. Any idea how to fix?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 12:06 PM

Hi MoonJ,

thanks very much for your response.

Seems the issue was that I changed my email on the apple ID when upgraded my phone a year ago. Signing out with apple ID and then signing in again helped. It asked me for my former passcode from my previous phone, then prompted me to merge accounts. Since then it’s worked like a charm.

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 12:06 PM in response to MoonJ.

Hi MoonJ,

thanks very much for your response.

Seems the issue was that I changed my email on the apple ID when upgraded my phone a year ago. Signing out with apple ID and then signing in again helped. It asked me for my former passcode from my previous phone, then prompted me to merge accounts. Since then it’s worked like a charm.

Regards

Jan 15, 2019 11:38 AM in response to devenyics

Hello devenyics.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I'm understanding correctly, you are having issues with iCloud Drive turning off on it's own, making it difficult to save files. I can definitely understand how important it is to be able to save files, and I will be glad to assist.

Let's start by restarting your iPhone first to see if it helps: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, make sure that your iOS is up to date as suggested here: Get help with iCloud Drive

If you don't have the Files app on your device, update to iOS 11 or later. If you're using iOS 9 or iOS 10, you can use the iCloud Drive app.

Cheers.

iCloud Drive keeps turning off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.