Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ibook g4 not booting up

I have an Ibook G4 that I have not turned on in a while because of this problem, when I turn it on the screen is black and the cooling fan is running at high speeds. I can not turn the laptop off with the power button, I have a CD in the CD ROM and can not get it out with the eject button, I would like to fix it myself if possible, I have taken it to a apple certified apple repair shop five years ago and the said it would be two hundred U.S dollars.

iBook

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 7:57 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 14, 2019 6:45 AM in response to Bassfun92

Read the URL I posted. Unfortunately Apple's new software has made a mess of the URLs I have archived so they no longer appear as active links in responses unless I spend a few more minutes with each response making them pretty. You will need to highlight them, copy and paste them into your location bar and go to the URL.

From that document:

"Start up in safe mode

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift
  2. key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple
  3. logo, learn what to do.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you might be asked to log in twice: once to unlock the startup disk, and again to log in to the Finder.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup."

Ibook g4 not booting up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.