Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Send Macbook Pro to repair and laptop came back won't turn on.

My laptop was restarting itself (it still turns on and all that) so I brought it to Apple genius bar for repair. The genius was very nice and he helped me to send in the laptop for repair. The Laptop came back today and said a new system has been installed on the paper that came with it. However, my laptop is not turning on at all, I tried different methods I found online to start my laptop but it is just not working at all...

Wondering what should I do with this....It is such a frustrating experience because I have no laptop for school and work and I had to go to the library to use their computer which was extremely inconvenient. I totally thought that today the laptop will come back to work and I can continue my stuff that has been piled up for a long time but noo....

I have no idea why I send my laptop functional in to fix the restart issue but it came back to be a piece of brik... not responding to anything...

Posted on Oct 28, 2022 7:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 29, 2022 7:21 PM

It really helps if you provide the exact model of the Mac and version of macOS. You can get the exact model of the Mac by entering the system serial number here:

Find the serial number of your Apple product - Apple Support

If it is an Intel Mac, then try an SMC Reset (make sure to carefully read the instructions as there are different procedures for different models). There is no similar option for an M1/M2 Mac with Apple Silicon.

Make sure to connect the charger to see if the laptop will power on. Sometimes you may need to let the laptop sit with the charger for a bit before powering it on. I had a laptop that would not power on even with the charger, but after about 15 minutes connected to the charger, the laptop magically powered on by itself. These USB-C Macs do have a lot of odd quirks pertaining to charging and powering on. Do you hear a "ding" when connecting the charger (if using a USB-C charging cable)?

You should take the laptop back to Apple to have them assist you. You have a 90 day part/repair warranty so you want to have Apple make this right during this warranty period.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 29, 2022 7:21 PM in response to Jilli-willi

It really helps if you provide the exact model of the Mac and version of macOS. You can get the exact model of the Mac by entering the system serial number here:

Find the serial number of your Apple product - Apple Support

If it is an Intel Mac, then try an SMC Reset (make sure to carefully read the instructions as there are different procedures for different models). There is no similar option for an M1/M2 Mac with Apple Silicon.

Make sure to connect the charger to see if the laptop will power on. Sometimes you may need to let the laptop sit with the charger for a bit before powering it on. I had a laptop that would not power on even with the charger, but after about 15 minutes connected to the charger, the laptop magically powered on by itself. These USB-C Macs do have a lot of odd quirks pertaining to charging and powering on. Do you hear a "ding" when connecting the charger (if using a USB-C charging cable)?

You should take the laptop back to Apple to have them assist you. You have a 90 day part/repair warranty so you want to have Apple make this right during this warranty period.

Send Macbook Pro to repair and laptop came back won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.