Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to send or transfer tickets from Apple Wallet

hello :)

i have quick a question,

my partner bought a two flight tickets for me and himself. So can he send one of them to my wallet? If not can I add boarding passes from e-mail?

thanks a lot :)

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 6:44 AM

Don’t let the amount of text fool you, this is by no stretch rocket science. Finding the button can make event planning a lot easier though, and I am yet to find a pass that does not allow sharing.

1) Launch your Wallet app and find the pass stored on behalf of your friends. On occasion, multiple tickets granting access to the same event will be listed next to each other on tapping the first pass. If you cannot swipe left to select the other passes, they will be itemised vertically with the other cards.

2) Touch the pass you want to impart to an acquaintance. Select the little i icon in the bottom right corner.

3) In the centre of the now flipped pass, locate Share Pass.

4)  Choose from a range of options to send the ticket on. Your options are:

• AirDrop
  • Email as exemplified in Step 5
  • iMessage to the phone number or alternatively iMessage to email address tied to an Apple ID

Pick at will, although it will usually hinge on the circumstances: the quickest method remains AirDrop, which you should give a try if the recipient is nearby. Emailing the pass works just as smoothly as iMessaging, both of which can be performed without a local SIM on the recipient’s end.

5) We have now switched perspective and sit on the receiving end. Adding your pass to Wallet is as easy as tapping the attachment in your email, your iMessage or AirDrop pop-up.

6) The ticket will jump to full screen and offer to Add it to your own Wallet in the top right corner. Hit the letters and voila, your ticket has finally found its way into your own pocket.

Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204003

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 6:44 AM in response to Borensenn

Don’t let the amount of text fool you, this is by no stretch rocket science. Finding the button can make event planning a lot easier though, and I am yet to find a pass that does not allow sharing.

1) Launch your Wallet app and find the pass stored on behalf of your friends. On occasion, multiple tickets granting access to the same event will be listed next to each other on tapping the first pass. If you cannot swipe left to select the other passes, they will be itemised vertically with the other cards.

2) Touch the pass you want to impart to an acquaintance. Select the little i icon in the bottom right corner.

3) In the centre of the now flipped pass, locate Share Pass.

4)  Choose from a range of options to send the ticket on. Your options are:

• AirDrop
  • Email as exemplified in Step 5
  • iMessage to the phone number or alternatively iMessage to email address tied to an Apple ID

Pick at will, although it will usually hinge on the circumstances: the quickest method remains AirDrop, which you should give a try if the recipient is nearby. Emailing the pass works just as smoothly as iMessaging, both of which can be performed without a local SIM on the recipient’s end.

5) We have now switched perspective and sit on the receiving end. Adding your pass to Wallet is as easy as tapping the attachment in your email, your iMessage or AirDrop pop-up.

6) The ticket will jump to full screen and offer to Add it to your own Wallet in the top right corner. Hit the letters and voila, your ticket has finally found its way into your own pocket.

Use Wallet on your iPhone or iPod touch - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204003

How to send or transfer tickets from Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.