Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to arrange Playlist in alphabetical order on iPhone 6

Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

When syncing new songs onto my iPhone 6, (from iTunes on my laptop), the most recent songs appear at the bottom of the playlist.

How can I make them appear in alphabetical order by song title please?

They used to automatically sort into alpha order a couple of updates ago . . .

Thanks for your time reading this.

Sue

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 2:07 AM

I have just stumbled on a fix for alphabetically sorting songs within a Playlist on iPhone 6.

1. Connect iPhone to Computer
  2. Open iTunes
  3. In iTunes, Right click on the Playlist you want to sort (under Devices/iPhone in the LH menu)
  4. Click on 'Copy to Play Order'. You will see an 'Updating Files' message at the top of your iTunes screen.

5. The Playlist on your phone should now be in alphabetical order.

Presumably this process needs to be done each time you add new songs to your playlist.

I hope it continues to work!

Sue

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2019 2:07 AM in response to SueH569

I have just stumbled on a fix for alphabetically sorting songs within a Playlist on iPhone 6.

1. Connect iPhone to Computer
  2. Open iTunes
  3. In iTunes, Right click on the Playlist you want to sort (under Devices/iPhone in the LH menu)
  4. Click on 'Copy to Play Order'. You will see an 'Updating Files' message at the top of your iTunes screen.

5. The Playlist on your phone should now be in alphabetical order.

Presumably this process needs to be done each time you add new songs to your playlist.

I hope it continues to work!

Sue

Jan 21, 2019 9:38 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you, but it is the songs WITHIN each playlist that I want to sort (not the list of different Playlists).

For example I have 24 PLAYLISTS. One of these Playlists has 285 songs on it. I need to be able to sort these 285 songs in to alphabetical order. When I open this Playlist, I can see all the song titles, BUT there is only an 'Edit' button in the top RH corner of the screen. The 'Sort' button doesn't appear anymore. The 'Edit' button will only allow me to delete a track, or MANUALLY drag a track to where I want to put it (in alphabetical order). VERY time-consuming! It used to be possible to sort the tracks in alphabetical order on earlier versions using this iPhone 6.

How to arrange Playlist in alphabetical order on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.