Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sync the song order?

When I click on a playlist on my Mac, I see the songs in exactly the order I want. (I have "View as Playlist" set.) But when I sync my music (my entire library) to my iPhone, the same playlist always shows the songs in the wrong order. Is there any way to force my phone to sync the song order? (BTW I know this isn't about the shuffle feature because I see them in the same wrong order every time I open it.)

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:57 AM

3 replies

Jul 25, 2022 6:27 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. That worked, sort of. What it did was create a duplicate playlist with the songs in the right order. I had to delete the other playlist. (This may be because I had partially reordered the songs on my phone, and it didn't want to disturb that order.)

That as very hard to find. I have to wonder if there's a better way to do this. Back when I was an iPod user, if I rearranged the order on my Mac, the iPod would always get the new order. It seems to me that should be the default.

Jul 26, 2022 5:39 AM in response to Miguel_Muñoz

Play order is normally the order in which content is added to the list. If the list is shown in play order then you can drag items up or down the list to rearrange them. In addition you can often sort by various column headings such as song title or, for example, as Album by Artist without updating this underlying play order. This is where the discrepancy can arise. Using the Copy to Play Order tool ensures that what you see is what you get.

tt2

How do I sync the song order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.