Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS Devices drop WiFi network

My devices drop WiFi and when I try to reconnect it says password wrong. When I try to re enter it says it’s wrong even though I entered correctly. Happens 1 or 2 times a day. I restart, and if 1 device tries to share password it shows the PW is wrong. I’m considering reset network settings but haven’t yet. What’s best?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 8:48 AM

Here are some troubleshooting steps for wi-fi networks, If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Resetting Network Settings is one step, as well as power cycling your router, but try the support document and see if that helps.

3 replies

Jan 15, 2019 10:36 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I fail to mention all my other devices such as smart appliance, TV’S, and laptop, all were still connected. Only my IOS devices drop connection so it isn’t the modem or router. The internet was fine. I did try the suggestion for exactly this problem such as “forget network” and try re-enter PW. It didn’t work but after 15 or 20 minutes the devices do connect on their own. Thank you for replying I will go back to the support document.

Jan 15, 2019 11:49 AM in response to Tonyinatlanta

You're welcome. However, just because other devices are connecting correctly does not mean there is not a problem with your network, or that the modem/router do not need to be restarted. Each device connection is unique. The support document should provide you with the troubleshooting you need. If that does not work, you can create a current backup of the device and restore to that backup, and if necessary, test by restoring to factory and see if that changes. If you continue to have an issue when restoring to factory and setting up as new, you may need to have the device examined by Apple.

IOS Devices drop WiFi network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.