Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

smart invert can I change individual colors?

I've been using smart invert for a few moths and mostly it's very helpful. I'm learning VoiceOver but for now I can still see the display. Here's my problem. For texting (other areas also) I'm shown an orange background wiht black letters. For me the contrast is poor. Is there any way to change the background color (orange) so something lighter like yellow? I'm using an 8 Plus with the latest IOS.

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 4:15 PM

You cannot change the specific colors of iMessages, but here are a few things that may help.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn increase contrast on. It will make the messages look more yellow than orange.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency.

Also, play around with the color filter options. You can use Smart Invert along with color filters.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color Filters. The Blue/Yellow filter combined with the Smart Invert will make the background of the iMessages yellow. I have also found that in certain circumstances the grayscale color filter combined with invert colors provides contrast.

You can add color filters to your accessibility shortcut so you can quickly turn them off and on if they are only useful for certain situations.

-AJ

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 4:15 PM in response to LaVonne

You cannot change the specific colors of iMessages, but here are a few things that may help.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Turn increase contrast on. It will make the messages look more yellow than orange.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Transparency.

Also, play around with the color filter options. You can use Smart Invert along with color filters.

Settings > General > Accessibility > Display Accommodations > Color Filters. The Blue/Yellow filter combined with the Smart Invert will make the background of the iMessages yellow. I have also found that in certain circumstances the grayscale color filter combined with invert colors provides contrast.

You can add color filters to your accessibility shortcut so you can quickly turn them off and on if they are only useful for certain situations.

-AJ

smart invert can I change individual colors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.