Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install gets error

iPhone when plugged in says need to install update but update won't install have most up to date versions on OS 10.13.6 and iTunes 12.8.0.150 also tried new cable that came with phone. Nothing

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 1:32 PM

Hey jester61,

Thanks for the information. There are a few steps that you can try to resolve this.

I recommend to make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before plugging it in to your Mac. You can try a different lightning cable, if available, to rule out any issues with your cable. It's also a good idea to make sure that the charging port on your iPhone is clear of any debris or lint before plugging it in.

Let me know how those steps work out for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 1:32 PM in response to jester61

Hey jester61,

Thanks for the information. There are a few steps that you can try to resolve this.

I recommend to make sure that your iPhone is fully charged before plugging it in to your Mac. You can try a different lightning cable, if available, to rule out any issues with your cable. It's also a good idea to make sure that the charging port on your iPhone is clear of any debris or lint before plugging it in.

Let me know how those steps work out for you.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a good one.

Install gets error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.