Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Crackling at Certain Frequency

I bought my airpods two days ago and I have been noticing a crackling in both ears in certain songs in the mid-range frequency, it sounds the same as a blown speaker. Although I am led away from the idea that it is blown because it happens at any level of volume. I have not done any damage to them since I received them and the crackling was there the first time I listened to a song. So far I have only reset them and drained their battery fully once. If this is a hardware issue, is it covered in the warranty? Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 12:25 PM

2 replies

Jan 18, 2019 12:13 PM in response to walker166

Hello walker166,

I understand that you're having some sound quality issues with your new AirPods. I am happy to help.

- Are you playing music downloaded to the device or streaming music?

- Have you tried using Wi-Fi and cellular networks?

- Have you tried to pair the AirPods to a different device? If so, are you having the same issue?

Take a look at this Apple article, which covers possible wireless interference causes for this sound quality issue:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Let us know how it goes.

Have a good day!

AirPods Crackling at Certain Frequency

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.