Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crackling sound in airpods pro

My AirPods Pro have a crackling sound when I clear my throat or even chew gum. This is really annoying. Almost $300 for these pair of ear buds, and I was expecting more quality. I bought apple care for these things, but the stores are closed. Does any one know if there is a solution to this problem?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 9:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2020 2:17 PM

Hello,

Hmm, it could be due to wireless interference:

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference - Apple Support

Good luck.

5 replies

Apr 18, 2020 10:13 AM in response to Alvaro Cedeno

You can get them replaced, but it will probably come back. I've replaced mine multiple times. It's an issue and I've been told I should use them in "off" mode until engineering comes up with a fix. I can unbind them from all devices and even turn off bluetooth on those devices and they still crackle in noise cancelling and transparent modes. They will crackle if I speak, walk around, touch them etc.. It does not happen in off mode. I hope its fixable with a software update but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Apr 18, 2020 4:11 PM in response to mc20piece

Hey there. Thanks for the tip. I just tried it in off mode and it does not crackle. And music sound good. Well, at least Kelly Clarkson does 👍🏼😀

Like you said, it would probably get fixed with a firmware update. I will also return them as I have Applecare for them, and when trying to fix with someone from Apple on the phone, one of the tips got torn.

Thanks again and have a great day. 

Álvaro.

crackling sound in airpods pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.