Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods pro 2nd gener

Is there an explanation anywhere that can inform me as to what the sounds mean when I plug the lightning cable in for charging? It makes these noises every time I do this at night.

Just like to know that if the noises mean "low battery" or "case is fully charged" etc.

Mike.

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 8:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:55 AM

Hello RangewayProductions,

Your AirPods will play the following sounds:

• A charging indicating sound when you connect it to MagSafe or to the lightning cable (a slightly metallic short note)
  • A low battery indicating sound when you close the lid and the AirPods need to be charged (several high notes in succession)

If you want to disable these charging case sounds, follow these steps:

Change settings for AirPods Pro (all generations) - Apple Support (NZ)

Or you can also change the volume of your charging case's sound effects:

Adjust the volume of sound effects for AirPods - Apple Support (NZ)

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 9:55 AM in response to RangewayProductions

Hello RangewayProductions,

Your AirPods will play the following sounds:

• A charging indicating sound when you connect it to MagSafe or to the lightning cable (a slightly metallic short note)
  • A low battery indicating sound when you close the lid and the AirPods need to be charged (several high notes in succession)

If you want to disable these charging case sounds, follow these steps:

Change settings for AirPods Pro (all generations) - Apple Support (NZ)

Or you can also change the volume of your charging case's sound effects:

Adjust the volume of sound effects for AirPods - Apple Support (NZ)

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Jan 3, 2023 8:29 AM in response to RangewayProductions

Hi, thanks for the reply and the info. I'll try adjusting some of those features. However, my AirPods seem to make several ongoing sounds for a fair length of time when I connect the Lightning connector for charging as I'm going to bed at night. I'm wondering what that means? Does it mean the battery was well discharged? I don't use them for any lengthy periods, just short periods when I need to listen to the sound when editing videos on my Macbook Pro.

Also they make the same noise that an AirTag makes every time they're moved!

Otherwise they are absolutely great!

airpods pro 2nd gener

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.