Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My AirPod Max is not connecting again. The light only flashes when it’s charging, once I remove the charger it doesn’t work

My AirPods Max is no longer connecting. The amber light only shows when I’m charging it. I haven’t been able to use it.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 11, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 2:55 AM

Experiencing the same issue. My AirPods Max stopped connecting to any device. Usually it looks like this: I use it as always, then put in the case. After few hours get it again (I know it's charged) and it just doesn't work at all. None of devices can detect it. Noise cancellation button doesn't work, it behaves almost the same as if the battery were fully drain. Except it's not and indicator do react to buttons. Only after multiple restart sequences, putting to case and getting it back - it finally gets back to work and connects to my device. Takes a few minutes usually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 2:55 AM in response to hc1111

Experiencing the same issue. My AirPods Max stopped connecting to any device. Usually it looks like this: I use it as always, then put in the case. After few hours get it again (I know it's charged) and it just doesn't work at all. None of devices can detect it. Noise cancellation button doesn't work, it behaves almost the same as if the battery were fully drain. Except it's not and indicator do react to buttons. Only after multiple restart sequences, putting to case and getting it back - it finally gets back to work and connects to my device. Takes a few minutes usually.

Dec 13, 2022 5:53 PM in response to damilola202

Hey there damilola202,

To help get your AirPods connecting again, try resetting them, then pair once more. Use the steps below:

To restart or reset your AirPods Max:
• First, charge them for a few minutes.
• If you're experiencing issues with your AirPods Max, you can restart them. Press and hold the noise control button and the Digital Crown until the LED flashes amber.
• You can also reset AirPods Max to factory settings. Press and hold the noise control button and the Digital Crown for 15 seconds, until the LED flashes amber, then white.
• After you reset your AirPods Max, you can connect them to your iOS or iPadOS device, or connect them to your Mac or other device.

AirPods Max can be associated with one Apple ID. If you want to use AirPods Max that someone else has used, they need to first remove them from their Apple ID.

How to reset your AirPods Max

If you're still unable to pair with your iPhone, test to see if you can pair with a different device. Should this persist, Contact Apple Support directly for next steps.

Take care!

My AirPod Max is not connecting again. The light only flashes when it’s charging, once I remove the charger it doesn’t work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.