Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max stop music when announcing notifications

My AirPods Max stop music when announcing notifications. My AirPods Pro just lower the volume. Is there a way to change it to the way the Pros do it?

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 2:44 PM

Hello baum062, 

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

Please start with these troubleshooting suggestions if you are noticing that your music does not restart after receiving a notification on your iPhone: 

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. Back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. Update your iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Install any available firmware updates for your AirPods: About firmware updates for AirPods.
  5. Reset your AirPods: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro.

If you continue to notice the same issue, please contact Apple Support directly for more help. 

Cheers! 

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 2:44 PM in response to baum062

Hello baum062, 

Thank you for posting to the Apple Support Communities. 

Please start with these troubleshooting suggestions if you are noticing that your music does not restart after receiving a notification on your iPhone: 

1. Restart your iPhone
  2. Back up your iPhone: How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. Update your iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Install any available firmware updates for your AirPods: About firmware updates for AirPods.
  5. Reset your AirPods: How to reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro.

If you continue to notice the same issue, please contact Apple Support directly for more help. 

Cheers! 

Jan 25, 2023 10:37 AM in response to Freedee15

Actually no. I had to send them to Apple for repair and they failed to repair the correct earcup. I've sent them in twice and both times they switched out the left earcup. Now it's the 3rd time i've sent them in and they denied the repair completely. I will return the AirPods now based on the EU Consumer Rights and get my money back. This is a ridiculous issue and could've been resolved so easily.

I suggest you return the AirPods or go to your local Apple Store and insist on switching out the right earcup.

Good Luck with the Apple Support and hopefully the'll resolve your issue.

AirPods Max stop music when announcing notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.