Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't get code if iPhone is missing

When I need to find my iPhone, I don't have my iPhone to get the verification code. I need another way to get it. In iCloud for Windows, there is no option to "Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code."

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 3:20 PM

Sorry, but just to clarify, are you attempting to use the Find My iPhone app to find your phone? If so, then you don't need a Verification Code to use Find My iPhone. If you sign into the app on someone else's device, then you can find your device that way. If you are trying to sign into it via iCloud.com, you should see the option to go directly to Find My iPhone:

Best,

GB

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2019 3:20 PM in response to margueritefrommichigan

Sorry, but just to clarify, are you attempting to use the Find My iPhone app to find your phone? If so, then you don't need a Verification Code to use Find My iPhone. If you sign into the app on someone else's device, then you can find your device that way. If you are trying to sign into it via iCloud.com, you should see the option to go directly to Find My iPhone:

Best,

GB

Jan 18, 2019 12:03 PM in response to margueritefrommichigan

Hello margueritefrommichigan,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand from the information you provided that you want to know how to receive a verification code; I'd like to help.

Here's a resource that could help:

Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication

If you after reviewing this resource you still are unable to receive a verification code, you will need to:

Recover your Apple ID when you can’t reset your password

Best Regards.

Jan 18, 2019 12:13 PM in response to sterling r

Thank you. I've read about various ways to get a verification code, but the way I'm trying to figure out is by logging into iCloud on my desktop computer. The option I read about (going into security settings and selecting "get verification code") won't work because I can't find "get verification code" anywhere. Should it be there??

Can't get code if iPhone is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.