Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification phone number still the old one

Hi everybody,

I have recently changed my cellphone number and I want to add a credit card to my Apple Wallet.

I already changed the number at Settings - Wallet and apple Pay. It's showing the new number.

But when I try to verify the new credit card, it is sending the code to my old number. I don't know where else I need to change this number.

Anyone knows it?

Thanks

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 1:32 PM

Hi ludson,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble verifying your card with Apple Pay. I’m happy to provide some steps that may help.

First, make sure that you've already changed your phone number for Messages and FaceTime using the steps below:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If the issue persists, you’ll want to contact your financial institution to make sure that everything is good to go on their end, since they’re the one verifying the card:

Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

Should everything be as it should on their end, you’ll want to contact Apple Support.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 1:32 PM in response to ludson

Hi ludson,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble verifying your card with Apple Pay. I’m happy to provide some steps that may help.

First, make sure that you've already changed your phone number for Messages and FaceTime using the steps below:

Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support

If the issue persists, you’ll want to contact your financial institution to make sure that everything is good to go on their end, since they’re the one verifying the card:

Set up Apple Pay - Apple Support

Should everything be as it should on their end, you’ll want to contact Apple Support.

Take care.

Verification phone number still the old one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.