Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suspicious email claiming to be Apple.

Hi,

ive received a number of emails from the following address claiming to be Apple. The email address is noreply@apple.com.

They have included an attached letter with Apple branding. Can anything be done to stop these guys. I don’t believe for one minute the sender is Apple, so haven’t replied but my worry is others may.

Apple, please stop these guys!

Thank you.

Russell.

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 5:16 AM

It's a scam, you can report to Apple here: Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 18, 2019 7:21 AM in response to Fraudsters

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address.  The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Suspicious email claiming to be Apple.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.