Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How likely is a charging port failure?

I have an iphone 6s and the charging port was working intermittently(meaning not well at all, even after cleaning) the last few days before the screen started only working after hard resets. Eventually the screen wouldn't turn on at all, probably due to me messing with it and hard resetting it so many times. So I bought a screen and battery and replaced both, no issues installing, but no fix. So now I am wondering if its all wired through the charging port and it started to cause issues. I was able to do a backup, during this time of intermittent failure, but this likely didn't have some info I had stored in apps so I am going to keep trying to repair it. Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, or assistance.

side note: during the intermittent failure it still would be noticed on itunes and the fingerprint sensor still had haptic feedback, now I can't get it to turn on at all even plugged into the computer. I am judging this based off trying hard resets and no haptic feedback

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 6:31 PM

figured it out....

2 replies

How likely is a charging port failure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.