Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone hacked

So I went to my Setting /General and scroll to the bottom. Look in the space between VPN and Regulatory and there was a something called Profiles between them two.

I clicked on it and it has despaired. My phone battery has been going down really quickly even when I’m not using my phone. It’s an iPhone XS Max

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 5:06 AM

16 replies

Jan 19, 2019 10:51 AM in response to Nyams7

No, if the profile expired it was placed there either via a work email account you had or an app you were using. What I would do is a forced restart of your iPhone (press the volume up button and immediately release it then press the volume down button and immediately release it, press and hold the side button, wait for the Apple logo to appear, let go of the button).

Jan 19, 2019 1:16 PM in response to deggie

Thank you, I’ve reset my phone and forced restarted it as you said.

Now the profile is intermittently showing on the settings/general on all my apple devices (iPhone XS max, iPhone 7 and iPad 2018). But when I click on the profile it’s blank. Haw can I permanently get rid of it in all my devices?

Jan 19, 2019 3:56 PM in response to Nyams7

Hard for me to see what it might be if you cannot say what the name of it is or show it.

I would suggest that you Restore your iPhone from your backup on each device but keep in mind that if you reload the app that had the profile it will appear again. Do you have a work email account, particularly an Exchange account, on your iPhone?

iPhone hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.