Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos not downloading to mac

I am taking photos on my iPhone XR and they are appearing in the Cloud, but they are not downloading to iPhoto on my Mac. I am also unable to upload the pics from my phone thru iTunes when plugged in to the Mac. Any suggestions as to how to correct this? Computer says it does not recognize phone but when I hit "Trust" on the phone when prompted, it does nothing. How can I sync these two through iCloud?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 1:21 PM

Let's check. First, on your computer open System Preferences, iCloud. Verify that the Apple ID that is displayed is yours and that Photos is On. Then click on Options next to Photos and verify that iCloud is checked. On your computer do you see all of your photos when you open the Photos app?

Next log in to https://icloud.com using the same Apple ID and go to Photos. Do you see exactly the same photos you saw on your computer?

On your iPad Open Settings, tap on your name, then iCloud. Is it the same Apple ID? Is Photos on in iCloud settings? Then go to Settings/Photos. Is iCloud Photos on? Is Photo Stream off? Do you see your Photos in the Photos app?

On your iPhone Open Settings, tap on your name, then iCloud. Is it the same Apple ID? Is Photos on in iCloud settings? Then go to Settings/Photos. Is iCloud Photos on? Is Photo Stream off? Do you see your Photos in the Photos app?

Which of these are not working?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2019 1:21 PM in response to kacystamps

Let's check. First, on your computer open System Preferences, iCloud. Verify that the Apple ID that is displayed is yours and that Photos is On. Then click on Options next to Photos and verify that iCloud is checked. On your computer do you see all of your photos when you open the Photos app?

Next log in to https://icloud.com using the same Apple ID and go to Photos. Do you see exactly the same photos you saw on your computer?

On your iPad Open Settings, tap on your name, then iCloud. Is it the same Apple ID? Is Photos on in iCloud settings? Then go to Settings/Photos. Is iCloud Photos on? Is Photo Stream off? Do you see your Photos in the Photos app?

On your iPhone Open Settings, tap on your name, then iCloud. Is it the same Apple ID? Is Photos on in iCloud settings? Then go to Settings/Photos. Is iCloud Photos on? Is Photo Stream off? Do you see your Photos in the Photos app?

Which of these are not working?

iCloud photos not downloading to mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.