Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FAMILY HISTORY FORMATS

I am writing a family history on Pages but somehow did both a word processing format and a pdf document format. I need to combine the best of both formats into one if possible. I am having trouble moving text and photos around in both formats at times. One format is 60 pages and the other pdf format is 90 pages-both covering most of the same data. HELP! My Mac desktop is 7 years old.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 4:36 AM

pdf format is pretty useless for anything other than reading or printing. I don't think you have a lot of choice other than editing your word processing doc to incorporate whatever is not included in it already, via copy/paste or new typing.

If you have specific problems with your word processing doc, provide details, plus the version number of Pages which you are using.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 4:36 AM in response to WilliamFarrar

pdf format is pretty useless for anything other than reading or printing. I don't think you have a lot of choice other than editing your word processing doc to incorporate whatever is not included in it already, via copy/paste or new typing.

If you have specific problems with your word processing doc, provide details, plus the version number of Pages which you are using.

FAMILY HISTORY FORMATS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.