Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fresh High Sierra install from USB fails

Hi everybody,

Earlier this year my MB Pro Early 2015 started to slow down and eventually freeze on login. I brought it in for service to the retailer who unsuccessfully tried to solve the problem with a software update. Neither did reinstalling Mojave at home. Therefore, I decided to wipe the hard drive and downgrade to High Sierra. Unfortunately, repeated attempts to reinstall Mojave or High Sierra from USB have failed.

The system will boot from USB, and I can start the installation process. Once the system reboots to finish the installation from the internal disk, however, it will slow down and eventually abort. You can check my install log on Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QHDG1mvhq8sq4sHEi18sKFjbuLXnmZ6V. (Sorry, I have no idea what part of the document would be most relevant.)

Disk Utility's First Aid does not identify any problems. Neither dies booting in diagnosis mode return any problems (reference code ADP000). Does anybody have an idea what's causing this behavior?

All input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dag

Macbook (2015 or later)

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 12:21 PM

Disk Utility only offered AFPS partition schemes. Notwithstanding, since all installation/recovery variants resulted the exact same error, I believe we are dealing with a hardware problem.n So, I took the machine back to the retailer today. This could be the first time ever an extended warranty pays off. ;)

Thank you for your help!

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 12:21 PM in response to dialabrain

Disk Utility only offered AFPS partition schemes. Notwithstanding, since all installation/recovery variants resulted the exact same error, I believe we are dealing with a hardware problem.n So, I took the machine back to the retailer today. This could be the first time ever an extended warranty pays off. ;)

Thank you for your help!

Fresh High Sierra install from USB fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.