Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6+ Home Button Not Working After Battery Replacement

Hi guys, my iPhone 6+ home button no longer works since I replaced my phone's battery. I've got a suspicion that I damaged something in the process (since I stupidly pried it out from the right-hand side as well as the left, as I was having trouble getting it out). I've seen video and posts of people making this mistake with the iPhone 5 but not with the 6+, so am not sure either way. I've since installed a new iPhone 6+ button in to my phone and while the phone recognizes it (it tells me that Touch ID won't work on boot up) the button itself still does not work). Could anyone shed some light on this? If I've damaged something in the battery replacement, what would it have been that I damaged and is it repairable, either by myself or a technician? Many thanks in advance!

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 2:39 AM

2 replies

iPhone 6+ Home Button Not Working After Battery Replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.