Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

change screen time passcode

Hello, my son figured out his screen time passcode. I need to change it. Do I really have to erase his iPhone or is there a clever solution?

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 2:56 PM

Hello arianna165,

Thanks for advising me there's nothing else on this screen. I didn't mean to offend you by providing any of the previous troubleshooting steps. If this is a Family Sharing account, you can reset the password on your own device by navigating to Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode 

Make sure you are using your device, not your son's iPhone.

You can read more on this here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this works and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2019 2:56 PM in response to arianna165

Hello arianna165,

Thanks for advising me there's nothing else on this screen. I didn't mean to offend you by providing any of the previous troubleshooting steps. If this is a Family Sharing account, you can reset the password on your own device by navigating to Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode 

Make sure you are using your device, not your son's iPhone.

You can read more on this here: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this works and thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Jan 21, 2019 2:11 PM in response to arianna165

Hello arianna165,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! I understand you want to change your son's screen time passcode since he figured it out. I'm happy to assist. To change the passcode on your son's phone, tap Settings > Screen Time > [your child's name]. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or his device passcode. If you forgot the Screen Time passcode, you need to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings to remove the Screen Time passcode. Restoring the phone from a backup won't remove the Screen Time passcode.

You can read more about this in the article below:

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Best Regards.

change screen time passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.