Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Do Not Disturb" ring for certain numbers

I've used the "do not disturb" feature for my phone so that I get rest at night and am not woken up by texts or phone calls from friends. However, there are some people who would only call me at nighttime if it's an emergency. Is there a way to use the "do not disturb" mode but still have certain contacts be able to call through? Thanks!

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 8:39 PM

Yes, there is. Go to the contact you want to be able to ring through regardless of the DND setting. Tap Edit in the upper right corner. Tap Ringtone. Swipe to the top of the page. Turn Emergency Bypass to "On". If you wish, you can do the same thing for the text tone for that person.

You can also go to Settings>Do Not Disturb>Repeated Calls and set that to own. Then, tell people that, if they get sent to voice mail, to call you back within three minutes. The draw back to this is that robocallers have gotten wise to this. I once had a robo caller call me 41 times in 35 minutes.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 8:39 PM in response to J_sailor

Yes, there is. Go to the contact you want to be able to ring through regardless of the DND setting. Tap Edit in the upper right corner. Tap Ringtone. Swipe to the top of the page. Turn Emergency Bypass to "On". If you wish, you can do the same thing for the text tone for that person.

You can also go to Settings>Do Not Disturb>Repeated Calls and set that to own. Then, tell people that, if they get sent to voice mail, to call you back within three minutes. The draw back to this is that robocallers have gotten wise to this. I once had a robo caller call me 41 times in 35 minutes.

"Do Not Disturb" ring for certain numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.