Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spaces after I type the word "I"

Every time I type the word I five spaces show up between I and the next word, I'm not typing that many spaces, but they show up anyway. It's more a nuisance than a real problem but I would like a fix. Restarting and letting the battery drain and all that basic stuff has not fixed it.

Macbook (2016 or later)

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 1:51 PM

1 reply

Jan 22, 2019 2:10 PM in response to nidhi246

Hi nidhi246,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. From your message I can see that you're getting extra spaces after you type an "I" on the keyboard of your MacBook. I know how important it is to have the keyboard performing as you expect it to. The first thing I can recommend would be to check that there are no text replacements. This article will show you how: macOS Sierra: Replace text and punctuation in documents.

If there is nothing in the text replacements, reach out to Contact Apple Support for additional help.

Have a great night!

Spaces after I type the word "I"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.