Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

phone keeps prompting me to re-sign into itunes using an ID i havent used in years

I just got a replacement phone via insurance and the new phone keeps prompting me to re-sign into itunes using an ID i havent used in years. I try putting in my current password which of course doesn’t work. When I go to setting the CORRECT and current Apple ID is clearly being used to sign into iTunes and iCloud but when I get this other prompt to sign into iTunes using an ID I haven’t used in years it will not go away no matter how many times I hit cancel! I can’t even use my phone. I didn’t have this problem with my old phone.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 11:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 12:19 AM

Did you restore to a backup ? If you did it implies you had content from that account in the backup. If you can't remember that account's password : If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

2 replies

phone keeps prompting me to re-sign into itunes using an ID i havent used in years

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.