Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sim not valid

I erased setting in I phone and then putting my sim card again in Apple iphone and now error is occurred.

It is written here that " the sim card that you currently have installed in this iphone is from a service provider that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently asigned by the actiavation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another sim card from a suported service provider or request that this iphone is unlocked by your service provider. please contact apple for more information".

I am from Pakistan. I dont know what happened. By the way I reset setting in my iphone.

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2019 3:43 AM

The message that you got indicated that the phone is locked to a different carrier than the carrier that the SIM card is from. If you had your phone unlocked at one time, it has relocked to that carrier. You will need to contact that carrier to get your phone unlocked. See here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201328

Similar questions

6 replies

Sim not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.