Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Twonky Proxy from iPhone

I installed an app the other day to try to stream content from my iPhone to my Samsung TV. It didn’t work so I deleted the app. After installing this app I noticed in my Google WiFi that my device was showing up as TwonkyProxy [iPhone].

I have tried resetting my network network settings twice, shut down and restarted my phone, checked my WiFi connection for Proxy settings and I cannot get rid of this.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2019 9:45 AM

So, if anyone else is having this issue, I finally resolved it. Turns out that even though I removed the Samsung app from my phone and reset all my network settings, my Google Wifi remembered my the MAC address of my phone and refused to forget that it once had this Twonky Proxy setting applied. I had to reset Google Wifi to factory settings (Settings, Network & General, Wifi Points, Factory Reset) and rebuild my Google Wifi network from scratch (not as bad as it sounds) to get it to "forget" that my iPhone once had this Twonky Proxy app installed. Google needs to add an option to "forget" a device!

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2019 9:45 AM in response to Dragons_Weyr

So, if anyone else is having this issue, I finally resolved it. Turns out that even though I removed the Samsung app from my phone and reset all my network settings, my Google Wifi remembered my the MAC address of my phone and refused to forget that it once had this Twonky Proxy setting applied. I had to reset Google Wifi to factory settings (Settings, Network & General, Wifi Points, Factory Reset) and rebuild my Google Wifi network from scratch (not as bad as it sounds) to get it to "forget" that my iPhone once had this Twonky Proxy app installed. Google needs to add an option to "forget" a device!

Remove Twonky Proxy from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.