Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Proxy password

My phone (iPhone 8) randomly started asking me for a proxy password. Along with this came other issues. My search engines don’t work and other random apps (Amazon, Home Depot, etc) won’t work. My proxy is turned off so I don’t understand why I have this issue

Posted on Jun 7, 2021 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2021 12:52 PM

Hi Criticalstrik3,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone randomly started asking for a proxy password and search engines don't work and we'd be happy to help with this. To help us isolate and resolve your issue, let's follow the steps in the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network. If you still have issues, then follow the steps below: 

1. Check date and time: Set the date and time on iPhone
  2. Delete VPN: Intro to VPN with Apple devices
  3. Remove configuration profiles: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2021 12:52 PM in response to Criticalstrik3

Hi Criticalstrik3,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. We understand that your iPhone randomly started asking for a proxy password and search engines don't work and we'd be happy to help with this. To help us isolate and resolve your issue, let's follow the steps in the Apple Support article If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network. If you still have issues, then follow the steps below: 

1. Check date and time: Set the date and time on iPhone
  2. Delete VPN: Intro to VPN with Apple devices
  3. Remove configuration profiles: Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone

Let us know if this helps.

Take care.

Proxy password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.