Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts were not transferred over to the new device

I recently leased new iphone xs and I have noticed that contacts that I previously have saved on my previous iphone were not transferred over to the new device. People would text me and the number is not identified by the phone so I have to look at the conversation history to figure out who is it that is texting me. Sometimes I get a call from someone I know for a fact is saved on my contacts and it doesn't show on my screen other than just a simple number. Also if I want look for someone n my phone book to call them it doesn't even show the name as it is non-existent on my device. Please help me because I use my phone for work and it is really concerning. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 5:39 PM

What steps did you take to transfer content from your old phone to your new one? Here's what you should have done-->Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply

Contacts were not transferred over to the new device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.