Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photos Not Downloading to iPhone

I just upgraded from a 6s to a XR and restored from an iCloud backup that I had done earlier that day. I have 50gb of iCloud storage and I’m only use of 10gb of it. I have 128gb on my new phone and am only useing 28gb of it. So I have more than enough room in both iCloud and on my phone for pictures so that should be of no issue here. I have my photos set to download and keep originals. But for some reason none of my photos are actually downloaded on my phone as I would like them to be, the full resolution versions are in iCloud still. If I try to turn off iCloud photos it tells me that 600 something photos were not able to be downloaded to my phone and the full size versions will be erased. How can I get them to download to my phone.

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 24, 2019 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 6:17 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, SpeckyHorse!

I understand you're trying to get your photos to download from iCloud onto your iPhone XR, but none are downloading. I'd be happy to clear up what may be happening.

I see you've tried the steps in this article: Get help with iCloud Photos

Depending on the amount of photos and videos you have in iCloud, it make take a while to download all of the content of your iCloud Photo Library.

I hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2019 6:17 AM in response to SpeckyHorse

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, SpeckyHorse!

I understand you're trying to get your photos to download from iCloud onto your iPhone XR, but none are downloading. I'd be happy to clear up what may be happening.

I see you've tried the steps in this article: Get help with iCloud Photos

Depending on the amount of photos and videos you have in iCloud, it make take a while to download all of the content of your iCloud Photo Library.

I hope this clears things up.

Have a great day!

iCloud Photos Not Downloading to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.