Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

quicktime is not authorized to access microphone

quicktime is not authorized to access microphone. shows up when I try to record audio on Mac

MacBook, 10.14

Posted on Jan 26, 2019 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2019 8:56 PM

I have been having the same issue. I followed the above advice, but it did not solve the problem.

2 replies

Jan 27, 2019 9:52 AM in response to JuneAqua

Hello JuneAqua,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're seeing an alert that you need to provide access for QuickTime to use your microphone.

To do this, click Apple menu () > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy. Then, click Microphone in the left-hand column and check the box to allow access: Control access to your microphone on Mac. Please note that if the options in Privacy are greyed out, you'll need to click the lock in the lower left of the window and then enter an administrator password.

I hope this gets you set up.

Cheers.

quicktime is not authorized to access microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.