Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my photos from iCloud

I am trying to figure out how exactly can I restore all my old photos from my old phone using my new phone off my iCloud

iPhone XR, 12

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 8:20 AM

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in your old phone and your photos are on iCloud, you can turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone (Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos) and the photos will sync to it. More information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, you can use the backup to set up the new phone. See: iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from an iCloud backup

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2019 8:20 AM in response to earlisha

If you had iCloud Photos turned on in your old phone and your photos are on iCloud, you can turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone (Settings > [username] > iCloud > Photos > iCloud Photos) and the photos will sync to it. More information: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you didn't have iCloud Photos turned on in the old phone but do have an iCloud Backup, you can use the backup to set up the new phone. See: iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from an iCloud backup

How can I restore my photos from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.