Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Military CAC Reader

A couple of days ago I bought a brand new Macbook Pro 2018 and I am trying to use a CAC Reader to access a government (military) website. I have literally tried everything in order to install it but there are some of my friends who say they just plugged theirs in and it worked. that's crazy! is there something wrong with my computer or am I doing something wrong?? PLEAAASSSEEEE HELP!!!

MacBook Pro 13”, 10.14

Posted on Jan 28, 2019 9:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 9:50 AM

You do not need to use Windows. Here is a Mac CAC support page: https://militarycac.com/mojave.htm

Your specific setup depends on what kind of CAC reader you have and what Mac operating system you have.

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 30, 2019 9:28 AM in response to brita_nofilter

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, brita_nofilter!

I understand you're trying to get your CAC reader to work with your new MacBook Pro. I'd be happy to provide information to help you out.

It's possible that a driver is needed in order to get the reader to work with you Mac. Have a look at this page: INSTALLING / UPDATING THE CAC READER DRIVER

Based on those instructions, it looks like you'll need to install Windows on your MacBook. You can do this by using Boot Camp Assistant: Install Windows on your Mac with Boot Camp

I hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Military CAC Reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.