Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black square with 2 white icons & red phone button HELP!

Hello everyone. My daughter ended a FaceTime call and now the iPad has a small black screen with 2 white buttons that look like a camera with a slash and a window icon. In the middle is a red phone circle. The window can move but won’t swipe out or disappear from the screen. It has been like this for 2 days. I have googled and my zoom button is off and assistive touch is off as well. Here is a photo of the annoying screen. Thanks in advance for those of you who have some advice for me 😊

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 1:56 PM

How do you typically force close apps? If double tapping the home button didn't bring up any apps, have you not used any app today?

Another option would be to reboot your iPad. Press and hold BOTH the home and power buttons at the SAME time (hold past to swipe to shut down) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go of both buttons and your iPad will restart. Sign back in and let me know if the box is gone.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 1:56 PM in response to Winterpeg2019

How do you typically force close apps? If double tapping the home button didn't bring up any apps, have you not used any app today?

Another option would be to reboot your iPad. Press and hold BOTH the home and power buttons at the SAME time (hold past to swipe to shut down) until the Apple Logo appears, then let go of both buttons and your iPad will restart. Sign back in and let me know if the box is gone.

Black square with 2 white icons & red phone button HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.