Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari homepage locked AND UNEDITABLE

A search engine called weknow and the infamous Mac Cleanup snuck in with a flash upgrade. I ran Malwarebytes and it got rid of a bunch of stuff, but after restarts, the weknow site is still my homepage, and it's lightened and un-editable. I literally have NO extensions and I cleaned out any cookies that I didn't recognize. Also searched system files for anything like weknow. No luck.

Any thoughts? Thanks very much.

Henry

MacBook Pro 15", 10.13

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2019 2:45 PM

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Please use the manual instructions. Do not download anything.

weknow by Thomas R         https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/236261-how-to-remove-weknow-malware-and-others/

weknow.ac uninstall

weknow.ac uninstall (2)

weknow.ac uninstall (3)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2019 2:45 PM in response to go_pack

Try downloading this program which was written by Thomas R, a long time poster. The program will search for malware/adware The program will do the work for you which makes it easy. 

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac      10.10 and later

Malwarebytes uninstall

Please use the manual instructions. Do not download anything.

weknow by Thomas R         https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/236261-how-to-remove-weknow-malware-and-others/

weknow.ac uninstall

weknow.ac uninstall (2)

weknow.ac uninstall (3)

safari homepage locked AND UNEDITABLE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.