Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Apple Music username without subscription?

I changed my Apple ID recently. I canceled the subscriptions on my old Apple ID, after that I find that I couldn't set the new Apple ID's Apple Music username to the previous one. I have to subscribe again on my old Apple ID to change the username to another, but that is a waste of money.

I just want to ask for an easier way for me to change my old Apple Music username.

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 9:51 AM

Generally, it is almost never needed to get a new Apple ID. And doing so would frustrate any attempt to keep things of the old identity. Apple IDs are flexible to password changes, payment method changes, address changes, country change, even the name (email address) can be changed without a new account. One would lose any purchases on the old account. Most people do not need more than one Apple ID.

Try to contact the support staff for assistance, if they are willing to do such. There is no method to do this without assistance without subscribing again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2019 9:51 AM in response to a2718

Generally, it is almost never needed to get a new Apple ID. And doing so would frustrate any attempt to keep things of the old identity. Apple IDs are flexible to password changes, payment method changes, address changes, country change, even the name (email address) can be changed without a new account. One would lose any purchases on the old account. Most people do not need more than one Apple ID.

Try to contact the support staff for assistance, if they are willing to do such. There is no method to do this without assistance without subscribing again.

How to change Apple Music username without subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.