Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Irig 2 to Garageband/Guitar pro

Hey,

I recently bought an electric guitar (actually I'm new to it), since beginning it has a problem connecting with the MacOS Mojave Garage band/other Guitar tools but its working with the Ipad Amplitube. When I connect the Irig 2 (connected with headphone and Guitar) to the Mac I can see the internal micro- phone changes to External micro-phone in sound preferences, but I cant see it in the garage band and it is not picking any sound coming frm the guitar. does anyone know what is the issue?

MacBook Pro 13", 10.14

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 12:22 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 31, 2019 4:10 PM in response to Prakash243

I can see the internal micro- phone changes to External micro-phone in sound preferences, but I cant see it in the garage band

there are new security settings in the latest OS to prevent apps from secretly using input devices; see if this helps - open the Security & Privacy settings in System Prefs and make sure that GB has permission to use input devices.

here's an example screen shot from another user showing permission being given to use audio input devices:

Irig 2 to Garageband/Guitar pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.