Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone issue

Hi, I'm trying to use a iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) that is located in a library at my college campus. When I try to connect a pair of PrimeAudio Headphones via bluetooth, they are able to connect properly, but they don't show up as my audio output. Since this is not a computer that I have administrator access to, I can't update macOS 12.0.1 to the latest version.

I just tried connecting my headphones via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro (2019 16") running macOS 10.15.7, and I had no issues whatsoever with the device being used as an output device, so, that means it's an issue in macOS 12.0.1.

The only way I've been able to work around the issue is to bring in a separate pair of wired headphones every time I plan to use these imac computers at school. Most pairs of wireless headphones come with the ability to work with devices that don't have a bluetooth connection, but, since I purchased these headphones from five below for $5.95 (plus tax), I'm only able to connect them via bluetooth.

I'm not convinced these headphones sound very good when used with a computer. The sound quality is terrible. When I use them with my iPhone, they sound good enough.

Is there any other way I can make these "prime audio" headphones work? thanks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Feb 17, 2022 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2022 2:55 PM

I purchased a different pair of wireless headphones over the weekend. It appears to be that the PrimeAudio Headphones just refused to work with macOS 12.0.1

I figured that the PrimeAudio Headphones were the issue. There was one time when I was listening to AmazonMusic on my phone, and all of a sudden, the music just started gradually speeding up and slowing down on its own.

Thank you for the help.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 23, 2022 2:55 PM in response to Old Toad

I purchased a different pair of wireless headphones over the weekend. It appears to be that the PrimeAudio Headphones just refused to work with macOS 12.0.1

I figured that the PrimeAudio Headphones were the issue. There was one time when I was listening to AmazonMusic on my phone, and all of a sudden, the music just started gradually speeding up and slowing down on its own.

Thank you for the help.

Headphone issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.