Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Simultaneous dual band WiFi 2018 iPad Pro / 4K Apple TV

Simultaneous dual band seems like a fake feature apple lies about, i’ve been on the phone with apple, denied support, in store, on the phone with my network provider and given repeatedly conflicting information.

some people say your supposed to see two check marks others don’t know, they want you to believe the device works it out on its own but the speed test determine that was a lie.

they are replacing my iPad soon for a different reason, but I don’t think anybodies simultaneous WiFi feature works & I’ve checked quit a few devices that “have it.” Unfortunately / conveniently for them they didn’t have simultaneous dual band WiFi in that store

after finding out there’s no firmware update for my router, and changing the ssids to the same name, it’s still speed testing the same as my iPhone se. I’ll up date this post when my I’m done WAITING for the replacement to come in.

This whole ordeal has been a horrible buying experience my touchscreen was bad out the box, WiFi doesn’t work as expected, and the USB-C isn’t pushing video to my hdmi, honestly I’d rather have my money back then to keep dealing with this horrible mix of dud device, bad service, waiting for a re manufactured device & dealing with the haters who all know that’s apple for you. Apple used to be much better then this. It’s a similar way they burned me with the iPhone 6 and the ghost touch issue before they confirmed it was an issue, and it’s a horrible way to treat early product adopters.

iPad Pro, 12

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2019 1:45 PM

Other than ranting to other users on this user to user only forum, do you have an actual question? Which is the actual purpose of this forum, btw.

The dual band Wifi is to my knowledge nothing more than being able to move between 2.4ghz and 5ghz seamlessly without you having to move between them yourself. I can tell you my iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X and both iPad Pro 11 do just that. If I move out of range on my home 5ghz router (5ghz is great, but does provide less distance from the router) it switches over to the 2.4ghz side with no action required from me. On initial setup with all devices, I did have to sign into both sides (2.4 and 5). What were expecting other than this?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2019 1:45 PM in response to imudius@me.com

Other than ranting to other users on this user to user only forum, do you have an actual question? Which is the actual purpose of this forum, btw.

The dual band Wifi is to my knowledge nothing more than being able to move between 2.4ghz and 5ghz seamlessly without you having to move between them yourself. I can tell you my iPhone Xs Max, iPhone X and both iPad Pro 11 do just that. If I move out of range on my home 5ghz router (5ghz is great, but does provide less distance from the router) it switches over to the 2.4ghz side with no action required from me. On initial setup with all devices, I did have to sign into both sides (2.4 and 5). What were expecting other than this?

Simultaneous dual band WiFi 2018 iPad Pro / 4K Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.