Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to Add smbd back to Full Disk Access on Mojave

I inadvertentley deleted smbd from Full Disk Access, and when I hit the + to add it back, i cant find the application smbd.

Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 1, 2019 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2019 11:01 AM

It is not an application but a system driver. I find two instances of it on my system. The main one is located in /usr/sbin. The other in /private/etc/pam.d. I believe you want the first one.

Activated the Finder, select Go to Folder from the Go menu. In the field that appears enter /usr/sbin and press Return. This will take you to the directory where you should find the "smbd" file. If you have the window open for Full Disk Access then you can navigate to the path to select the file and add it to the list.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2019 11:01 AM in response to jlowder7059

It is not an application but a system driver. I find two instances of it on my system. The main one is located in /usr/sbin. The other in /private/etc/pam.d. I believe you want the first one.

Activated the Finder, select Go to Folder from the Go menu. In the field that appears enter /usr/sbin and press Return. This will take you to the directory where you should find the "smbd" file. If you have the window open for Full Disk Access then you can navigate to the path to select the file and add it to the list.

Trying to Add smbd back to Full Disk Access on Mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.